Safe & Secure Training
Main Purpose of the Job:
To develop, monitor and assess S.R.M. apprentices to ensure that all that attend Safe and Secure training centre get the correct support.
- To ensure that all assessments are fair, accurate, sufficient, valid and current.
- To carry out regular assessments aganist relevant current criteria as directed by the awarding body.
- To engage with the sectors and industries to improve the education and awareness of recycling and environmental issues.
- To undertake any reasonable area of work required by Management
Working in a team:
- Take an active part in team meetings.
- Cover for absent staff.
- Develop relevant training resources and continually evaluate any current resources.
- To provide Management with relevant data in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure all candidates are working in a safe and healthy environment.
- To ensure that all records are kept up to date and meet the relevant requirements.
- To ensure that the workplace remains a pleasant working environment and friendly place to visit.
- Ensure that training record are correct filled out and kept up to date.
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained in respect to training, assessing and monitoring.
- Will monitor and carry out regular reviews of learners/candidates.
- Ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Produce a monthly statistical report on targets and training when required.
- To conform to all Health and safety requirements in respect of the health and safety at work act and other relevant legislation at all times.
- To report all accidents and incidents in accordance with the incident reporting procedure.
- To attend relevant training courses to ensure continuous personnel development.
- To ensure that Safe and Secure Training has a positive public profile and image.
To liaise with visitors and ensure that they are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner.
Qualification and Experience:
- Hold D, A or TAQA awards or have experience of monitoring and assessing.
- Hold a current qualification in the delivery of adult training.
- Self-motivation and the ability an ability to work without supervision are part of a team and sympathetic to the needs of the project.
- A keen interest in environmental issues is desirable.
- An ability to work with people from all backgrounds and in all circumstances in a polite and sensitive way. This includes people from ethnic and religious groups.
- Must have a proven track record of experience in the recycling waste industry
- Teaching qualification (PTLLS)
- Practitioner ESW (Comms and AON)
- Health and safety qualification (Level 4 or above)
- First aid at Work
- Manual Handling
Job Type: Full-time
- Assessor: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Drivers License